Pastor Daugherty is my Pastor at Victory Church in Tulsa, OK. His sermon last Sunday (6/9/19) was entitled, “This Is War.” As you read and I highly recommend you watch, the title could easily have been “Don’t Be Awesome on the Wrong Standard.” To find out why read and/or watch below.
Your generosity is always appreciated:
“This Is War” Weekend Recap
Sermon by Pastor PAUL DAUGHERTY
Email Alert sent: 6/12/2019 11:41 AM
Sent via Victory.com
My dad bought my brother and I a basketball hoop when we were younger and lowered it down so we could actually make some shots while we played and practiced. Eventually, he raised the hoop up so we could be challenged and grow in our skills. I didn’t want him to raise it up because I felt like I wasn’t as good at basketball when the hoop was high, but what I didn’t realize was that raising the hoop to where it should have been all along was helping me at game time.
I realized that it was better to struggle with the right standard than to succeed with the wrong standard—and it’s the same way in our faith. If you’re not contending for your faith, then what faith are you walking in? Following Jesus isn’t just an easy joyride, though it brings deep satisfaction and eternal reward, it’s a fight.
Jude 1:3 says, “Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people”
There’s a war going on for your faith, soul, mind, marriage, children, ministry, calling, career, and everything else that matters in life. If you’re not striving or contending, you may have lowered the standard. Choose to contend for your faith again! Pick up your supernatural weapons of warfare and get back to your post. Now is not the time to let your guard down, it’s time to stand firm in your faith and press forward into all God has in store for you.
VIDEO: THIS IS WAR (Book of JUDE) | PAUL DAUGHERTY
Posted by Victory Tulsa
Published on Jun 9, 2019
– We are CALLED to CONTEND for the FAITH.
– There is a war going on over your mind, heart, and the purpose of your life.)
– God has a standard, a goal, for which you were born and destined to achieve.
– Don’t lower the standard just because it seems unattainable in the here and now.
– God is calling individuals all over the world to be mighty men and women of God, filled with character, integrity, courage and bravery to stand against the tactics of the enemy, to overcome the temptations of the flesh.
– A lowered standard affects all of us. We see the trails of promiscuity, emptiness, depression, chronic irresponsibility, family breakup, misuse of finances, divorce, violence, chemical addiction, overeating, indulgence, bankruptcy, low self-esteem, and general aimlessness plague our society as a direct result of the abuse or neglect of biblical manhood and fathering.
– Let’s be men and women after God’s own heart: individuals our children look up to, our spouces are confident in, someone ther’s look to as an example to emulate! Let’s be preservers of culture and champions of society, to keep out evil and usher in good! Let’s be determined to fulfill God’s calling on our lives, and fully understands that a godly life was never promised to be an easy life. Let’s cling to God’s promise that it will be WORTH IT.
– We do not wrestle against mere flesh and blood, but against dark, demonic forces that are allied against us (Eph. 2:1-2; 6:12).
–CONTEND for your FAITH—
–CONTEND for God’s LOVE to lead you—
–CONTEND for your PURITY—
–CONTEND for your FAMILY—
–CONTEND for your MARRIAGE—
–CONTEND for your CHILDREN—
–CONTEND for your PURPOSE—
HOW YOU CAN STAY CONNECTED WITH VICTORY
Victory Church Website: https://victory.com/
Copyright © 2019 Victory. All rights reserved.
About Victory Church
Our mailing address is:
7700 S Lewis Ave Tulsa, OK 74136