Troy Newman & Judge William Orrick
John R. Houk
© August 5, 2017
On July 14, 2015, the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) released its first undercover Planned Parenthood video, blowing the whistle on the abortion industry’s practice of illegally harvesting and selling the body parts of aborted babies.
Just 17 days later, the National Abortion Federation (NAF) filed a lawsuit against CMP and ultimately secured a preliminary injunction against lead investigator and CMP founder David Daleiden. The injunction prohibited him from releasing any footage obtained during NAF conferences and meetings, which David had attended undercover with the goal of exposing illegal activity by the abortion industry.
Fast forward almost two years—and the lawsuit is still ongoing. Meanwhile, Daleiden’s footage from the NAF conference remains under lock and key, leaving some to wonder what secrets NAF is trying to hide. (Abortion Industry’s Interests Should Never Outweigh Public Concerns or First Amendment Rights; By Marissa Mayer; Alliance Defending Freedom; 4/21/17)
U.S. District Judge William Orrick violated the First Amendment Rights of the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) by gagging all undercover videos exposing the murderous intent by National Abortion Federation (NAF) in trafficking aborted and live birth baby parts for profit. Planned Parenthood was stung the same way. Leftists in law enforcement are doing their best to cover-up these nefarious murders and felonious activities with baby part trafficking.
U.S. District Judge William Orrick, who granted the preliminary injunction in favor of the National Abortion Federation to halt the release of the videos, ordered any links to the video to be removed after it was published by the Center for Medical Progress on Thursday.
Judge Orrick also ordered CMP lead investigator David Daleiden and his attorneys to appear in court June 14, The Associated Press reported, for a hearing where he will consider holding them in contempt for releasing the footage.
Mr. Daleiden has been charged with 15 felonies in California stemming from his undercover investigation into the abortion giant. His attorneys have called it a “witch hunt” that flies in the face of the First Amendment.
YouTube has not responded to a request for comment.
The three-minute video showed top Planned Parenthood executives joking about severed fetus heads, admitting to altering abortion procedures to preserve fetal organs and conceding that clinics have a financial incentive to sell the human remains from abortions. (YouTube removes latest Planned Parenthood video on judge’s order; By Bradford Richardson; Washington Times; 5/26/17)
Judge Orrick took advantage of the 9th Circuit Appellate Court’s unfavorable ruling to make that gag order.
The abortion industry has desperately tried to suppress and delegitimize the work of CMP, including through the use of litigation. We represent former CMP board member Troy Newman – who is also the President of Operation Rescue – in lawsuits filed by the National Abortion Federation (NAF) as well as Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and numerous Planned Parenthood affiliates, and we recently filed briefs in both cases.
In the NAF case, the trial court issued a preliminary injunction that prevents the defendants from publishing videos or materials relating to NAF conferences, or sharing such information with anyone, including state Attorneys General or local law enforcement officers, while the case moves forward. The defendants have appealed the decision to the U.S. Court of Appeals to the Ninth Circuit, and we recently filed a reply brief (under seal by court order) that emphasizes that government investigators, and the general public, have a compelling interest in being able to review the videos and materials themselves.
In the PPFA case, we recently filed a reply brief supporting our motion to dismiss the lawsuit. Our brief explains that all of the claims – such as wire fraud, racketeering, and breach of contract – are meritless, so the case should be dismissed. (Two Briefs Filed in Fight to Expose Illegal Abortion Practices; By ACLJ.org; 7/2016)
One of the founders of CMP, Troy Newman, has filed a petition with the Supreme Court to win back the First Amendment Right to expose the crimes of Planned Parenthood.
Here is the Press Release that I first received in my Inbox from Operation Rescue; however, I’m cross posting the PR from ChristianNewsWire.com.
Newman Files Petition with Supreme Court Challenging Gag Order that Bans Sharing Evidence with Law Enforcement
August 4, 2017
Contact: Troy Newman, President, 316-683-6790 ext. 111; Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Vice President , 316-516-3034; both with Operation Rescue, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON, Aug. 4, 2017 /Christian Newswire/ — Troy Newman, president of Operation Rescue and a founding member of the Center for Medical Progress, filed a petition yesterday to the U.S. Supreme Court, challenging the Constitutionality of a preliminary injunction that prohibits the release of undercover videos recorded at National Abortion Federation (NAF) meetings – even to law enforcement when they contain evidence of crimes.
The petition, captioned Newman v. National Abortion Federation, states:
This Petition stems from an injunction forbidding the voluntary disclosure to law enforcement agencies, other governmental bodies, and the general public of recordings and other information that the enjoined individuals and entities-as well as Congressional investigators-believe are evidence of widespread criminal, illegal, and unethical conduct, including felonies.
Newman is represented by Jay Sekulow, who leads Newman’s team of attorneys from the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ).
During Newman’s tenure on the Board of the Center for Medical Progress, the NAF, and later Planned Parenthood, filed suits in a San Francisco Federal Court against Newman and others in an effort to prevent the release of further undercover videos that exposed the illegal trade in aborted baby body parts.
And it is little wonder that the NAF would not want the videos released.
Newman’s Supreme Court Petition notes that Congressional investigations conducted by the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives referred members of the National Abortion Federation and Planned Parenthood to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies for criminal investigation and prosecution.
Newman argues that the enjoined recordings corroborate the determination of the two Congressional investigations, which found evidence that NAF members (including several Planned Parenthood organizations) were engaged in the following criminal conduct:
- Profiting from the sale of fetal organs;
- Altering abortion procedures for financial gain;
- Performing illegal partial-birth abortions;
- Killing newborns who survived attempted abortions;
- Failing to obtain informed consent for fetal tissue donations;
- Violating federal regulations regarding Institutional Review Boards (IRBs); and
- Fraudulent overbilling practices.
Newman’s petition further states:
It has long been a tenet of Anglo-American jurisprudence that individuals who believe that they have information concerning criminal or illegal activities should be permitted, and encouraged, to voluntarily provide such information to government authorities. Similarly, investigative journalism concerning matters of public concern, including the uncovering of illegal, unethical, or troubling activities, is a constitutionally protected, venerable undertaking.
Newman’s unsuccessful appeal to the Ninth Circuit was joined by state 14 Attorneys General, led by Arizona, who are seeking to review the evidence contained in the recordings.
As the most important abortion case currently under litigation, Newman v. NAF could have profound implications on the future use of undercover investigative techniques and the ability of law enforcement to gather evidence in criminal investigations.
Read the Petition in Newman v. NAF
Operation Rescue is one of the leading pro-life Christian activist organizations in the nation and has become a strong voice for the pro-life movement in America. Click here to support Operation Rescue.
Challenging Activist Judge & NAF
John R. Houk
© August 5, 2017
Newman Files Petition with Supreme Court Challenging Gag Order that Bans Sharing Evidence with Law Enforcement
© Christian Newswire 2017. All Rights Reserved. | 2020 Pennsylvania Ave. NW – Washington – DC – 20006 | 202-546-0054
Christian Newswire is the most used and most recognized distributor of religious content news releases in the nation.
Over 2100 public policy groups, government agencies, PR firms, religious organizations, think-tanks, watchdog groups, advocacy groups, coalitions, foundations, colleges, universities, activists, politicians, and candidates use Christian Newswire to distribute their news releases. Click to see our client list.
How much does it cost?
$75 is what we charge to transmit your 400-words-or-less(‡) news release to our exclusive national media list. Our competitors charge from $295 to $395, yet they do not have the direct contact with reporters and news producers that we have.
You do not need to use a credit card. We will send you a bill. It is that easy. Just email us your news release, or use the form on this website and tell us to send it out. No membership fee. You are not required to purchase any additional services.
Want to know more about where your news release will go and who will see it?
National list of over 2500 reporters and news producers whose beat is “conservative & family issues” ($75 for up to 400 words‡) These are TV, radio, wire-service, and print reporters/producers that cover family and conservative issues, that … READ THE REST
3 thoughts on “Challenging Activist Judge & NAF”
Thanks John. Tom Brejcha sends me email.
David Daleiden is the pro-life journalist who spent 30 months leading an undercover investigation that captured video evidence of Planned Parenthood conspiring to illegally harvest and sell aborted baby body parts.
The result? Fifteen felony charges in the state of California.
That’s right. Fifteen felony charges – but against David, NOT against Planned Parenthood.
I won’t sugarcoat it. If not cleared of these charges, David faces steep fines and decades in state prison and the consequences of being a convicted felon.
That’s why I’m asking you to make an emergency donation to the DAVID DALEIDEN CRIMINAL DEFENSE FUND today.
My friend, the reality is…
You couldn’t be there when David entered the dark underbelly of the abortion industry – sitting across the table from abortionists haggling over the price of baby body parts with cold-blooded clarity… “I want a Lamborghini.”
You couldn’t be there as David saw with his own eyes the preborn children who had been killed with great delicacy to preserve their organs for maximum profit.
You couldn’t be there when the videos were released and Planned Parenthood and their allies conspired to crush David with trumped up legal charges and an armed raid on his home in which they seized laptops, hard-drives, and recording equipment.
And you couldn’t be there with David (but our criminal defense team was there!) when he voluntarily appeared in both Texas and California for booking and processing – fingerprinted and photographed for mug-shots like a common criminal.
But, now, this is the reality… there is something you can do to help vindicate this pro-life hero.
My name is Tom Brejcha. I’m the President and Chief Counsel of the Thomas More Society – a not-for-profit law firm underwriting and helping to spearhead David’s criminal defense.
The Thomas More Society is proud to defend many of the most renowned leaders in America’s pro-life movement…
…because when dark forces like Planned Parenthood unleash their full might to legally, financially, and personally destroy our clients – we fight back.
And I have to tell you, despite all that David is facing, his spirits remain high. Of course, I’ve never known anyone in this kind of position who didn’t feel an empty pit in his stomach.
But David’s not giving up. And he never will do so! In fact, I know he sees this as yet another opportunity to drag more of Planned Parenthood’s dark criminality into the spotlight.
My friend, that’s what David set out to do – and that’s what you and I can make sure he continues doing by winning this legal battle.
Now I’ll get right down to it… We anticipate the costs associated with David’s legal defense to exceed $2,000,000. That’s right, TWO MILLION DOLLARS.
You see, it’s not just one legal battle we’re fighting. David faces two separate civil lawsuits in California and a third in Washington state. And we’ve had to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court to lift an unjust gag order preventing David from releasing more of his videos exposing the abortion giant’s evil!
But Planned Parenthood has millions of dollars to spend on lawyers and lobbyists – and they’ll stop at nothing to silence David and prevent the truth from coming out.
That’s why David urgently needs your financial support today.
And that’s why I’m praying you will use this link to make an emergency, one-time contribution of $30 to the DAVID DALEIDEN CRIMINAL DEFENSE FUND.
This truly is a “David versus Goliath” type of battle – with Planned Parenthood, the Attorney General of California, and their allies arrayed against our “David.”
It’s a grave injustice that David is the one being hit with felony charges while Planned Parenthood (so far, at least) has gone unpunished.
But by clearing David of these charges… you and I can allow him to continue with his incredibly important lifesaving work.
You see, over 12 million people on YouTube alone watched the shocking footage he captured. Since that time, 26 states – over half the country – have moved to strip Planned Parenthood of taxpayer funding. And the federal defunding effort came within one vote of passing Congress.
So it’s no wonder Planned Parenthood and their allies want to destroy David. They’d love to see him rotting away in prison rather than exposing their criminal, ghoulish activities. You and I cannot let that happen.
Please make your emergency, one-time contribution of $30 or more to the DAVID DALEIDEN CRIMINAL DEFENSE FUND today.
I know he’ll be deeply touched and encouraged by your generous support.
May God Bless You,
Tom Brejcha – President & Chief Counsel
“Planned Parenthood is shrinking, but abortions still increase”
Revelation 20:4 (KJV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus,
– We are living in an age when we see commercials on TV telling everyone in the USA to sign the backs of their drivers licences so they can harvest our organs for profit. Doctors all over the land lurk about like Egor in a Frankenstien flic waiting for their patients to show signs of fading. The doctors jump at the first opportunity to harvest your dead loved ones before they even have a chance to get cold on the operating table. Think of it… You can get over $40,000 for one kidney now. Imagine what an entire human body is worth with TWO kidney’s, two eyeballs, a heart, a liver, lungs, skin, gall bladders, bone marrow, blood, etc etc etc. The hospitals of the world have become literal body snatchers right before our eyes! Keep in mind as well, the governing officials of the world also see a cash cow in the executioners cage because they know what they can get for those “fresh” organs. And the Almighty Creator knew of this long before ANY of our transplant surgeons were even born. Isn’t that awesome how His prophecy works out? He doesn’t have to give us the morbid details as to WHY they will be using guillotines. He just tells us they will be using them! –
“David Daleiden, Lawyers Fined $200K for Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood’s Baby Body Parts Scandal”
– Planned Parenthood has also argued that Daleiden is guilty of endangering abortion clinic workers because his undercover investigation was made public.
“The illegally obtained and maliciously edited video smear campaign launched by anti-abortion operatives threatened the safety and health of our patients and staff,” Crystal Strait, who is the president of Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California, asserted.
Similar charges were filed in 2015 against Daleiden in Texas but were ultimately dropped. –
Texas dropped the charges. California did not. Wonder why there are some difficulties in California?
“California Gets Cooked | Fires Created by Microwave Directed Energy Weapon ▶️️”
– In science fiction, futuristic soldiers are often shown wielding light emitting weapons. Flash Gordon used a ray gun, Captain Kirk carried a phaser, and Darth Vader brandished a light saber. But, today, the imagined future of science fiction is a reality. The United States is deploying a new generation of weapons that discharge light-wave energy, the same spectrum of energy found in your microwave, or in your TV remote control. They’re called “directed-energy weapons”. Lasers, high-powered microwaves, and particle beams. They claim that this technology is new and that first directed energy weapons are being tested right now, but the fact is that advanced technology is always suppressed from the general public. What is Directed Energy? How do direct energy weapons work? What can these direct energy weapons do? –
“Let it Burn Baby Burn; The Agenda 21 CA Smart Fires Continues On”
From a link below the video:
“Resilient City. What’s the story behind the terminology in Santa Rosa’s recovery?”
– There’s that word again.
“Resiliency” is having a moment in urban-planning circles much like “sustainability,” another buzzword of late. Google searches for “resilient” have never been higher.
The term “resilience” appears to have moved from the fringe to the mainstream. Resiliency, however it is defined, is part of growing range of social movements and nonprofit organizations but Santa Rosa’s efforts are not aligned with any one group or organization.
“It’s not connected to any particular movement or agenda,” Coursey says. “It’s an aspirational term.”
The Rockefeller Foundation launched its 100 Resilient Cities campaign in 2013 to support cities around the world to become more resilient to physical, social and economic risks and challenges.
The Transition movement that began in the English town of Totnes in 2006 has become an international network of “transition towns” that aim to become self-sufficient in the face of perceived threats of peak oil, climate change and economic instability. The guiding principle of the movement is building “resilient communities.”
“No one was using the term transition or resilience 10 years ago,” says Carolyne Stayton director of Transition US, which is based in Sebastopol. “Over time, a term does get watered down. It’s just the life cycle. That what happens when something gets more mainstream.”
But she’s happy to see the term spread.
“It’s great to see it used more in the mainstream. I think it’s a good thing overall.”
The organization held a forum on Dec. 12 at the Sebastopol Grange called “Celebrating Resilience” that featured Sebastopol Mayor Una Glass, Post-Carbon Institute fellow Richard Heinberg, and Bob Stilger, author of AfterNow, a book about recovering from the Fukushima disaster. While the event was designed as a festive fundraiser, October’s fires served as a backdrop.
“Resilience as a planning and managing priority for cities is on a meteoric rise, with NGOs, governments, planners, managers, architects, designers, social scientists, ecologists and engineers taking up the resilient agenda,” wrote New School urban ecology professor Timon McPhearson on the Nature of Cities blog in 2014. He cautioned against supplanting the term for sustainability, lest it lock cities into “undesirable trajectories, away from sustainability.”
He cites discussion after Superstorm Sandy hit New York and New Jersey to build massive sea gates to protect the region against future storm surges, a huge technical fix with serious ecological side effects.
“Resilience needs to be linked to sustainability so that the resilience we are trying to plan and design for actually helps us more toward desired future sustainable systems,” McPhearson wrote. –
“Islam’s BIGGEST SECRET Revealed. “The Promised Land” & the Rock in the Dome”
And. Let’s not forget.
Again we see we are in the Last Days. God help us!
Resilience / Globalism / LGBT / Oklahoma
John. If I remember right you live in Oklahoma. After watching the video “Let It Burn Baby Burn” I visited “resilience.org”. There was a link to this article: “Lesbian Democrat pulls off election victory in conservative Oklahoma”
The link is from an article what I responded to.
– Time progressed, and my dad, the congregation, and my godparents were on a collision course regarding gay marriage. In June of 2014, the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church USA would vote on a constitutional change in church governance that would allow same-sex marriages across the entire denomination. My father spoke publicly on the floor of the General Assembly in favor of the change, and 76% of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church agreed. –
– But then came the Presidential campaign of 2016 and this past year with Trump and a Republican party that became for me as hypocritical as were those Christian elders I’d left behind in central California. Trouble was, these political elders were far more powerful and dangerous.
While I’d seen handwringing and name calling and politicking before, this tilt into mainstream fascism, the widespread scapegoating and marginalizing of minorities, the racist rhetoric, and the upsurge in violence unnerved me. It was all too reminiscent of the marginalization my family and I endured from those I once trusted and respected. –
– A new power is rising. 2017 was also the year the collective civic consciousness sprouted in a generation written off as narcissistic and lazy. This collective consciousness is manifesting itself in a massive uptick in political involvement, the recognition that our voices, and our votes, matter. In a direct response to the election of Donald Trump, we saw millions across the world turnout in solidarity at the Women’s March. Tens of thousands of millennials signed up to run for office with organizations like Run for Something and a proliferation of other grass roots movements. These events were the tremors before a tidal wave. –
– So, millennials turned out, but who won? Of the sixteen Democratic takeovers in the Virginia House of Delegates, six of them were Run For Something candidates, with high numbers of women, people of color, and the first transgender legislator in American history. Alabama elected a US attorney who prosecuted and brought to justice Ku Klux Klan members who murdered four black girls in a Birmingham church bombing. In Oklahoma, 26 year-old lesbian and mother of three, Allison Ikley-Freeman surpassed expectations and became a state senator in conservative territory. A wave of Millennial voters swept a diverse, progressive group of Millennials into office and are turning our political landscape into one much more representative of who we are as a nation. –
– This string of electoral victories is extremely important. We are beginning to influence policy, affect peoples’ wellbeing, and in doing so are sending signals from this rising block of young activists about what we value for our nation and the future of the planet.
Upon Trump’s election, parents around the country worried about how Trump’s disparaging behavior would impact our youngest generation and give way to condoning further bullying, racism, and xenophobia. We, as millennials, must remember that our actions, our votes, and our voices build a world for younger Americans to inherit. We can and must act as a counterweight to this obscenity, tilting the scales of decency towards compassion and inclusion.
We have proof that this youngest generation cares about the example we set. As seen by the massive amount of high school students who walked out of class following Trump’s election, or the group of kids suing the government over the effects of climate change on their future, this youngest generation is bold, brave, and passionate.
We must foster and support this passion and pave the way for the inclusive America that we envision. – Please read more:
My Hope-giving Reply