John R. Houk
© December 29, 2016
We know that John Kerry has a sketchy past as an American Patriot. Although the U.S. Navy sticks to the official records on Kerry’s medals and service in Vietnam. There seems to be some flaws in both the official record and anti-Kerry eyewitness accounts of faked Kerry heroism.
Kerry became the leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War after being discharged, the Post reported. In testimony to Congress, he relayed accounts by his VVAW comrades of having “personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads … razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan …”
Later, it was shown that many of the stories on which Kerry based this testimony were false, some told by people who had stolen the identities of real GIs, the Post printed on Aug. 24, 2004. Kerry was not implicated.
As for claims in the viral email about his military record, much of this was discussed during the campaign after the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth questioned Kerry’s accounts and whether he deserved any of the commendations he received.
But the veterans who accused Kerry were contradicted by numerous former crewmen of Kerry’s, and by Navy records, according to FactCheck.org, a nonpartisan [Blog Editor: Link is by Editor and explains reliability fact checking websites] fact-finding project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, which researched the claims back in 2004.
Kerry received a Purple Heart after being wounded in December 1968 when he got hit by shrapnel. The Boston Globe quoted William Schachte, who oversaw the mission, as saying it “was not a very serious wound.”
In an affidavit, physician Lewis Letson said he treated Kerry and said Kerry’s wound was self-inflicted when his gun jammed and he threw a grenade at an object, which sprayed the area with shrapnel. Kerry’s medical records show that he was treated by J.C. Carreon (who has since died). Letson said it common practice for medics to sign the paperwork for the attending physician.
Letson said in his affidavit that “the crewman with Kerry told me there was no hostile fire, and that Kerry had inadvertently wounded himself with an M-79 grenade.” But the crewmen with Kerry that day deny ever talking to Letson, FactCheck.org reported.
Kerry earned his Silver Star later in February when he jumped onto the beach from his boat to chase and shoot a guerrilla who had a rocket launcher and who, Kerry thought, was about to fire a rocket at Kerry’s boat. According to the Boston Globe, another member of the crew on Kerry’s boat — Frederic Short, with whom Kerry had not talked for 34 years until being contacted by the Globe reporter — confirmed the account and said there was no doubt Kerry’s action saved the boat and crew.
Although Snopes.com labels attacks on Kerry’s medals being earned under “fishy” circumstances as “false,” FactCheck.org said in 2004, “at this point, 35 years later and half a world away, we see no way to resolve which of these versions of reality is closer to the truth.” — READ ENTIRETY (Fact Check: John Kerry’s war accounts and whether he deserved commendations still being called into question; By Carole Fader; Jacksonville.com; 1/3/13 05:05 pm)
And so, Kerry won some medals fraudulently and for actual acts of heroism. A LIE IS STILL A LIE!
Kerry then went to disrespect those medals fraudulently or correctly earned by trashing his nation by painting a picture that the entire U.S. Military as a band of murderers and rapists. I can confidently speculate some of this nefarious stuff Kerry preached against America happened, but I can also confidently speculate the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Regulars committed more and worse atrocities than any group of U.S. Military fellows. War is war and unfortunately vengeance is a part of war on the affected individual soldier.
The point is John Kerry is a Left Winger willing to say or do anything to support his idiotic worldview. With that in mind, read Ben Shapiro’s “10 Lies Secretary of State Kerry Told …” in the Obama Administration’s betrayal of Israel.
10 Lies Secretary of State Kerry Told During His Big Middle East Peace Speech
By BEN SHAPIRO
DECEMBER 28, 2016
On Wednesday, Secretary of State John Kerry gave a speech on his proposed plan for peace between Israelis and Arabs. His plan: blame the Jews, pretend that Palestinian terrorism and incitement isn’t representative of the actual Palestinian government, and then blather for 69 more minutes. His speech razed facts to the ground in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan.
Here were ten of the worst lies and lies-by-omission Kerry purveyed in his ode to lying and self-indulgence:
- Equating Jewish Settlements and Palestinian Terrorism.Israel has been wracked by a wave of stabbings and shootings and rocket attacks from Palestinian terrorists over the last two years. Kerry spent a few minutes on that, but only in order to draw moral equivalence with Jews building additional bathrooms in East Jerusalem, the capital of Israel. “The truth is that trends on the ground, violence, terrorism, settlement expansion, and the seemingly endless occupation, they are combining to destroy hopes for peace on both sides,” Kerry said. This is nonsense. Before there were anyJewish settlements – when Israel did not control Judea, Samaria, or Gaza – the Palestine Liberation Organization called for the “liberation” of Palestine, meaning the complete destruction of Israel. The problem isn’t people building homes. It’s Palestinians murdering Jews, and refusing to accept that any home built by a Jew ought to exist in the Middle East. [Bold text last sentence is Editor’s]
- “If The Choice Is One State, Israel Can Either Be Jewish Or Democratic. It Cannot Be Both.” This is patently absurd. There has been one state in the area between the Jordan and the Mediterranean for some 50 years. That state has been democratic. This lie rests on two absurd contentions: first, that if Israel were to annex all Judea and Samaria, Jews would be outnumbered by Arabs; second, that if Israel were to annex all lands, Israel would have to grant all Palestinian Arabs full citizenship or face status as an apartheid state. The first claim is simply false – Jews outnumber Palestinian Arabs outside of the Gaza Strip by a factor of two-to-one, and Jews now have the equivalent birth rate of Palestinian Arabs, and will soon have a higher birth rate, as Caroline Glick points out, meaning that Jewish majority status will increase, not decrease. Second, the United States does not offer citizenship to all the people living within its borders, or over territories over which it has sovereignty. Puerto Rico is governed semi-autonomously, but citizens of Puerto Rico cannot vote in presidential elections in the United States. Israel could easily grant green cards to Palestinian residents while also giving them local control of their governance without a national vote.
- Peace Will Only Be Realized With a Palestinian Terror State.The notion that peace depends on the establishment of a Palestinian terror state – and that’s what will be established, given that the unity government of the Palestinians now includes Hamas and Islamic Jihad alongside Fatah – is asinine. Israel has had to blockade Gaza because Hamas controls it, and is attempting to take military shipments from Iran. Adding another Iran-backed terror proxy state to the Middle Eastern map is a great way to encourage a two-front war against Israel, given the presence of Hezbollahstan on Israel’s northern border.
- “No American Administration Has Done More For The Security of Israel Than Barack Obama’s.” To put it mildly, LOL. LOLOLOLOLOL. [Bold text after 1st line is Editor’s] Funny guy, this Kerry. Here’s a timeline of Obama’s “support” for Israel. That timeline doesn’t even include the Iran nuclear deal or the current UN resolution hubbub.
- Israeli Intransigence Is The Problem.Nope. Not even close. In 2008, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert offered 94.2 percent of Judea and Samaria to the Palestinians, a corridor that would link that territory to the Gaza Strip, land swaps that would increase Palestinian land holdings, a formula for division of Jerusalem. Abbas refused the deal. In 2000, Prime Minister Ehud Barak offered a similar deal. Yassar Arafat refused it. Palestinians have never accepted any deal offered by the Israelis. [Bold text this line is Editor’s] Israelis continue to offer. But the problem is clearly the mean, nasty Israelis. And by the way, that awful Netanyahu fellow offered to freeze settlements early in the Obama administration, and the Palestinians responded with violence.
- Settlements Are Illegal.No, they aren’t. Kerry declared over and over that Israelis settling east of the so-called green line are living there illegally. That’s patent nonsense. He also suggested that no Jews would be allowed to live inside a new Palestinian state, because Jews would object – ignoring, of course, that Palestinians would quickly murder any Jew remaining in a Palestinian state, and Jews have a slight objection to being murdered. Right now, over a million Arabs live inside Israel. Virtually no Jews live in the Muslim world because they were expelled, and quickly absorbed into Israel.
- Equating Palestinian Government With Israeli Government.Perhaps the most insane spectacle was Kerry suggesting that the Netanyahu government is beholden to the “most extreme elements” in Israeli politics, while pooh-poohing Palestinian government support for terrorism. Kerry suggested that Hamas was a troublesome rogue group as opposed to an integral part of the Palestinian unity government.
- Israel As Purported Burden To The United States.Kerry spent serious time talking about how the United States had subsumed its own interests in order to give military aid to Israel. Of course, the Obama administration has also given aid to the Palestinian unity terror government, and attempted to block weapons shipments in the middle of the Gaza terror war. And even the Obama administration says that such aid is good for the United States defense industry; a huge percentage of American aid to Israel is a subsidy to domestic defense contractors. Israel is America’s only democratic ally in the region.
- The UN Resolution Changed Nothing. Kerry kept stating that the UN resolution didn’t do much to change the status quo. That’s false. This UN resolution said that all territories outside the 1949 Israel armistice lines – the “Auschwitz borders” – are occupied, including Jerusalem and holy sites like the Western Wall. It calls for all settlements in those areas “flagrant” violations of international law. There’s a reason Kerry pushed this thing through: of courseit changes things.
- The Obama Administration’s Maneuvers Help Peace.This is the opposite of the truth. America’s position for two decades has been that it would not cram down a peace deal on the Israelis and Palestinians – all issues would have to be resolved through bilateral negotiations. By placing the onus for all concessions on Israel and making Israel subject to the possibility of blowback from the International Court of Justice, Obama just allowed Palestinians to abandon any pretense at negotiations and stand on their newfound “rights.” [Bold text last line is Editor’s]
Kerry’s speech was chock full of lies. [This bold text is Editor’s] But here’s the good news: nobody will remember it a month from now, just as nobody will remember John Kerry’s legacy beyond his slander of American soldiers in Vietnam.
John Kerry Lies to Support Leftist Worldview
John R. Houk
© December 29, 2016
10 Lies Secretary of State Kerry Told During His Big Middle East Peace Speech
© COPYRIGHT 2016, THE DAILY WIRE